“Be kinder to yourself.
And then let your kindness flood the world.”
― Pema Chödrön
Hi, my name is Heather Shaughnessy-Cato.
I am a well-being coach, self-compassion teacher, and facilitator.
I offer coaching, private instruction, courses, and custom workshops, integrating methods and practices from:
- Integrative Health: Coaching with a focus on holistic well-being.
- Self-compassion: The art and science of treating yourself like a good friend.
- Mindfulness: Balanced, non-judgmental present moment awareness.
- Yoga: A contemplative practice for healing, integration, connection and kindness.
- Designing Your Life: A creative method of applying the human-centered design thinking process to the challenges we meet in life.
Make changes to enhance your well-being with curiosity and compassion.
I specialize in helping others make changes to enhance their health and well-being. Common areas of focus include:
- Lifestyle shifts and healthy habits to enhance your physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, occupational, or financial wellbeing
- Managing stress, burnout, or compassion fatigue
- Work-life balance
- Enhancing satisfaction with work and life roles
- Navigating change and transitions
- Building intentional practices for self-care and well-being
A Foundation in Self-Compassion
Self-compassion is the intentional practice of treating ourselves like we would a good friend: taking time to understand our experiences with curiosity and without judgment, and then taking wise action in service of greater well-being.
Self-compassion is often cited as an essential ingredient to positive and lasting change and growth.
Self-compassion perspectives and practices lie at the heart of my coaching, teaching, and facilitation.
Services are offered virtually and in-person in Brunswick, Maine.
Take dedicated time and space just for you. Set goals and make incremental progress toward those goals with more curiosity and compassion.
Options for talk-based coaching, and/or integrate mind-body practices including self-compassion, yoga, mindfulness, and/or design-thinking.
Private Instruction in Mind-Body Practices
Explore a range of mind-body practices to develop or deepen the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, and to deepen mind-body connection and awareness.
Private instruction in yoga, self-compassion, and/or mindfulness is offered one-on-one, and customized for your learning goals.
Workshops and Courses
Attend to your own well-being in a supportive community. Learn and customize a range of practices to relieve stress, soften self-criticism, and pivot with more ease.
Offerings include the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion program.
I design custom workshops and experiences for organizations and groups focused on Well-Being, Compassion & Self-Compassion, Mindfulness, Yoga, and Design-Thinking.
Work with me to design an experience for your group or organization to manage stress, enhance wellbeing, and address burnout.
Get in touch
Heather Shaughnessy-Cato, MA
169 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011